Interim Provisions on Surveying and Mapping Safety Production Management
Chapter 1 General provisions
Article 1 In order to intensify safety production management, guarantee surveying staff''s safety and health in the production and business activities, promote the development of the cause of surveying and mapping, the regulation is specially enacted on the basis of our country''s guidelines, policies and laws of safety production, and in combination with the actual situations of the surveying and mapping industry.
Article 2 Each unit within the surveying and mapping industry must earnestly carry through the guideline of "safety first, prevention first", implement various safety production management systems centered on safety production responsibility system, properly deal with the relationship between safety and production, safety and performance, and raise the safety production management level.
Chapter 2 Organization and personnel
Article 3 Organization and staffing of safety production
(1) The safety production committee must be set in surveying and mapping management department of each province, autonomous region, municipality directly under the Central Government, consisting of members from personnel, labor and management, production, planning, finance, supplies, security departments, labor union, etc. The director of the committee shall be assumed by the top management member in charge of safety production. The administrative body is generally set in personnel, labor and management department, and the person specially assigned shall act as safety production inspector.
(2) The corresponding safety production committee and its administrative body shall be set in brigade (institute), staffed with safety production inspector.
(3) Safety production of the squadron (office) will be responsible by captain (director), with part-time safety production management personnel in place.
(4) Safety production of the group (team) is responsible by the group leader (team leader), with in-service safety officer.
Article 4 Other units within the surveying and mapping industry shall establish their corresponding organization and manning on the basis of the actual situation.
Chapter 3 Safety production responsibility system
Article 5 The established and strengthened safety production responsibility system which clarifies the duty of the management of all levels, the safety production committee, and safety production inspector and management, is the key assurance of excellent safety production management.
Article 6 The administrative management at all levels takes the responsibility of total leading, the management in charge of safety production takes the main leading responsibility. The management in charge of other matters shall take the corresponding responsibility of safety production when his management duty involves safety production. The on-site commander of production operation takes the direct leading responsibility; production operation staff takes direct responsibility of safety production.
Article 7 The management of all levels must insist on the principle of laying equal attention to production and safety, synchronize the arrangement, inspection, sumup and comparison of production activities with those of safety activities. When signing various economic contracts, the safety responsibility and targets must be clearly stated, with the proposal of detailed measures of achieving the aim.
Article 8 The safety production committee of surveying and mapping management department of each province, autonomous region, municipality directly under the Central Government takes the following responsibilities:
(1) Implement safety production and labor protection related laws, systems and rules stipulated by the state, department and local government. Develop safety production system in combination with actual production condition, and check the implementation.
(2) Develop the programming and annual plan of safety production management, and organize the implementation.
(3) Organize and establish safety production responsibility system, and supervise the implementation.
(4) Organize the regular inspection or irregular inspection of safety production, coordinate and deal with the accident potential within multiple units. Issue the <written advice for the rectification of accident potential> to the units of such case, and order them to rectify within the deadline.
(5) Summarize and promote the best experiences of safety production, recognize and award the units and individuals with outstanding performance in safety production, criticize the behavior neglecting of safety production, and punish the units and individuals causing the accident due to such behaviors.
(6) Organize and promote the activities of safety production education and publicity, strengthen the staff's awareness of safety.
(7) Urge the affiliated units to allocate articles and tools for labor protection to employees by rule.
(8) Urge the affiliated units to implement the rectification plan and well handle the funds on safety production measures.
(9) Coordinate the labor, health, epidemic prevention departments to inspect and assess the working conditions and working environment of their affiliated units.
(10) Organize the investigation and disposal of casualty accident, be responsible for the statistics, analysis and report thereof.
(11) Create safety production management file.
Article 9 The safety production committee of brigade (institute) assumes the following responsibilities:
(1) In accordance to the labor protection and safety production regulations promulgated by the state, department and local government, and in combination with the actual conditions, organize and develop the relevant management regulations and check the implementation.
(2) Organize, develop and implement safety production responsibility system at all levels.
(3) Organize and develop safety production annual plan and the rectification measures plan.
(4) Conduct regular safety education to workers and staff in combination with the actual working conditions. Commend and recognize the outstanding individuals and good deeds in safety production, criticize the behavior neglecting of safety production.
(5) Urge relevant people to understand and explore the safety condition of surveying area, and adopt the corresponding safety protection measures.
(6) Base on the rectification and improvement plan to implement and properly handle the funds on safety production measures.
(7) Supervise the allocation of articles for labor protection to employees and the service condition.
(8) Organize major inspection on safety production to prevent occurrence of the accident and occupational disease.
(9) Investigate and handle the casualty accident, be responsible for the statistics, analysis and report of casualty accidents.
(10) Create safety production management file.
Article 10 The responsibility of safety production inspector of surveying and mapping management department and brigade (institute), safety production management personnel of squadron (office), and the safety officer of group (team), shall be developed by each unit respectively in combination with actual situation. All departments of production units shall be responsible for the realization of safety production within their business scope, with requirement of clear individual responsibility.
Article 11 All employees shall voluntarily follow the safety production regulation and system, actively participate in various activities of safety production, put forward the opinion about safety production improvement on their own initiative, take actions against violation during production operation, take good care of and properly use the instrumentation, equipment, tool and the articles for labor protection, apparatus, and have the right to refuse performing the management's violated instruction and the forcible order of operation at risk, and explain this in detail to the upper level.
Chapter 4 Supervision and inspection
Article 12 The supervision and inspection of safety production is the key to facilitating implementation of safety production regulations and system, enhancing safety production management, fulfilling safety production responsibility system.
Article 13 The main contents of safety production supervision and inspection include: implementation of safety production laws and regulations, fulfillment of safety production responsibility system and safety production measures of all levels, implementation of safety education, rectification of accident potential, investigation and disposal of casualty accident, and the execution of report system.
Article 14 Safety production supervision and inspection shall be combined with actualities, and carried out in multiple forms such as self-check, mutual inspection, random inspection and mass survey. Besides the frequent inspections on safety production, each surveying and mapping management department and its affiliated unit shall initiate at least 2-3 comprehensive inspections periodically each year.
Article 15 Safety production inspections must be available with definite aim, requirement and detailed plan. The target is that inspection and improvement are synchronized; experiences are summarized up and promoted timely. For the problems not resolved timely due to limited conditions, specific measures shall be developed for the settlement within a time limit.
Article 16 Excellent management of safety production supervision and inspection is the important duty for the top management, safety production inspection and management staff of all levels, so that the supervision and inspection can fully exert its role of guarantee and promotion in the production.
Chapter 5 Safety production education
Article 17. The management of all levels must value safety production training, establish and enhance the corresponding regulation system.
Article 18 Safety inspector of surveying and mapping management department must attend the safety education given by the organization certified by the labor administrative department of and above the regional and municipal level, and is not allowed to take the position unless with the job certificate issued by the labor administrative department.
Article 19 The safety education of brigade (institute) management shall be organized by the safety production committee of the surveying and mapping management department, and the training contents include the national and departmental rules related to safety and health of labor, and the management knowledge in this regard.
Article 20 The safety production committee of brigade (institute) shall organize safety production training for safety production management personnel of squadron (office), safety officer of group (team), and the employees, with the contents and time of training depending on the actual situation of the unit.
Article 21 The new employees must go through safety production education at three levels, namely brigade (institute), squadron (office), and group (team), and shall take the position after becoming qualified through examination. The total time of 3-level education shall not be less than 40 hours.
(1) The contents of safety production education for brigade (institute) include laws and regulations of safety and hygiene of labor and the relevant safety engineering knowledge.
(2) The contents of safety production education for squadron (office) include the typical accident case, accident prevention and accident emergency measures and other knowledge.
(3) The contents of safety production education for group (team) include the performance and correct usage of articles or tools for labor protection.
Article 22 The corresponding safety education must be available in case of employee's job transfer or job resumption after one-year interval, or the adoption of new processing, new technology, new equipment and new materials in the operation.
Article 23 The people engaged in special job shall take the position only after he has attended the training of specific safety knowledge and the skill of special safety operation, and obtained the certificate of special job through examination.
Article 24 The top management at all levels of production units shall attach importance to the safety training for casual labor (including civilian worker employed from surveying area), and the squadron (office) and group (team) shall be responsible for this specific task. The training contents shall be based on the combination of operation area, job allocated and personal actual conditions, generally focused on labor discipline, safety knowledge, and the correct use of articles and tools for labor protection as well as measuring tool.
Chapter 6 Accident report, investigation and disposal
Article 25 Upon the occurrence of serious injury, fatal accident, each unit shall immediately report the general situation including time, place and severity to the higher level department and local labor department, as well as the State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping. Failure to do so by rule due to special circumstances shall be subject to the clarification of sufficient reason afterwards.
Article 26 After the accident, the people on the site shall report to the unit and quickly organize rescue, and protect the scene. If rescue requires the alteration of accident site, the marking, photograph, camera shot or sketch of the accident scene in advance are necessary.
Article 27 Upon receiving the accident report, each unit and department shall organize relevant people or assign the responsible management to the site for accident disposal and rescue in accordance to the accident severity or relevant regulations of national and local government, at the same time, coordinate with the department concerned to organize the investigation group for accident investigation and disposal. For the accident of heavy casualties, the national Surveying and Mapping Bureau shall send people to accident site to participate in the accident investigation and disposal. For accident of exceptionally large casualties, the top management of the State Surveying and Mapping Bureau shall go for accident site to participate in accident disposal.
Article 28 The accident investigation group is responsible for the following: find out the truth of accident, cause, personnel casualties, economic loss, determination of liability for the accident, summary of lessons from the accident, proposal of suggestion on accident disposal (including dealing with problems arising from the accident) and countermeasures, preparation of accident investigation report.
Article 29 The unit and individual shall give support and cooperation to the accident investigation group; refusal, interruption and interference with the normal work of accident investigation group are not allowed.
Article 30 In accordance to the national and local regulations, the administrative penalty and administrative disposal shall be imposed on the unit breaching safety production regulation, the person liable for the accident, and the person with the leading responsibility for the accident. The judicial authority shall investigate into the criminal responsibility in case of committing a crime.
Article 31 Those falling into any one of following cases shall be prosecuted for their liability for the accident.
(1) Accident caused by operation and direction violating the rules, operation at risks.
(2) Accident caused by change, dismantlement, disabling of safety device and facilities.
(3) Accident caused by disobedience, violation of labor discipline, absence from the post, operation in others?post without approval.
(4) Accident caused by violation in installation, test, repair of instrument, equipment and car.
(5) Accident caused by the running of faulted instrument and equipment, incomplete safety device, as well as overtemperature, over speed, over pressure, overweight, overload operation.
(6) Accident caused by improper wear and use of articles and tools for labor protection and the tools.
(7) Accident caused by neglect of duty.
(8) Other behaviors liable for the accident.
Article 32 Those falling into any one of the following cases shall be prosecuted for their leading liability for the accident.
(1) Negligence of safety production management and the education, incomplete regulations and facilities of safety production, which lead to severe harm to employees?safety and health.
(2) Accident caused by the failure to implement the funds on safety production measures as required by the rectification and improvement plan, and thereof the operation environment and working condition lack improvement.
(3) Behaviors of forcing employees to operate at risk, or arranging those with occupational contraindications to do such job, or arranging those failing to pass the appraisal (examination) on the skill of special work to take the position of this regard, or failing to provide the employees with articles and tools for labor protection as regulated, or assigning the over loading operation to operation staff with the consequence of casualty accident.
(4) The productive construction engineering noncompliance with the national regulation that the labor safety and hygiene facilities and main works are synchronized in design, construction and commencement.
(5) Casualty accident caused by failing to take effective measures against the accident potential.
(6) Conceal and do not report, misreport, intentionally delay the report of the accident, or instigate others to break the accident scene, or refuse to receive investigation and submit relevant information and data, give unprincipled protection to and secretly defend the person liable for the accident.
(7) Not present at the scene after receiving the accident report, or inactive in taking measures and organizing the rescue, with the result of expanded loss, escalated accident severity.
Chapter 7 Bylaws
Article 33 Each unit of surveying and mapping industry shall base on this regulation to develop detailed safety production management rules for implementation.
Article 34 National laws shall govern any inconsistency of this regulation with them.
Article 35 The Personnel, Education and Labor Division under the State Surveying and Mapping Bureau is responsible for the interpretation of this regulation.